- Responsible for processing your data
NTS Holding BV is a private limited company with limited liability according to Dutch law, domiciled in Ambachtenstraat 9, 4731 RE Oudenbosch, the Netherlands, and registered at the Dutch Chamber of Commerce with number 24274933 (hereafter referred to as “NTS Holding”)
NTS Computers Technology BV (100% subsidiary company of NTS Holding BV) is a private limited company with limited liability according to Dutch law,domiciled in Ambachtenstraat 9, 4731 RE Oudenbosch, the Netherlands, and registered at the Dutch Chamber of Commerce with number 24238658 (hereafter referred to as “NTS Computers”)
For the purposes described in this privacy and cookie statement, NTS Holding and NTS Computers qualify themselves as “joint data controllers”, who define the means and purposes of collecting, storing, publication, use and other kinds of processing personal data together. Hereafter, these two entities will be referred to as “NTS”.
Every reference to “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy and cookie statement will be seen as referring to NTS.
This privacy and cookie statement describes how NTS uses the personal information collected during your visit to one of the NTS websites, online applications and mobile platforms, because NTS is dedicated to safeguarding the privacy and safety of your personal data.
All personal data collected through the website or other applications and mobile platforms are processed according to applicable legislation concerning data protection, especially EU guideline 2016/679, better known as Algemene verordening gegevensbescherming (AVG), and any other future legislation and its national additional legislation.
This privacy and cookie statement is valid from May 25th2018. All future changes in our guidelines concerning data protection will be published on this website. For that reason, please check this page regularly.
- The purpose of processing personal data
NTS will handle your personal data carefully and take measures to protect it. In line with legal requirements, please be informed that NTS will process and use your (personal) data for the following purposes:
- for the performance of the contract
- to fulfil legal obligations.
- for any legitimate interest of NTS
In all other cases, NTS Computers and/or NTS Holding will ask for your consent.
- offering you online shopping services;
- to store your (personal) registration data in a database to facilitate your (future) purchase or reactions on purchases;
- to carry out audits and safety checks concerning the website;
- to inform you about functional changes concerning the website and to provide you with information about special offers or the use of shopping services;
- asking for your feedback on a new website to improve the website;
- in case you accept our cookies: to measure your experience anonymously and to optimise the website;
- in case of technical problems: to be able to solve these and to trace your online orders and to prevent your saved shopping basket from being deleted as a consequence of a technical problem;
- to inform you via newsletters if you subscribed to a newsletter and if you have given permission to process your data;
- to manage customer accounts in the central database;
- to attend to questions from customers and potential customers.
NTS Computers’ responsibility:
- to deliver sold goods or establishing (possible) pick up dates;
- if you accept our cookies or if you have made an account, to offer you specific offers based on your surfing and purchasing behaviour if you have given us the permission to do so;
- to attend to questions from customers and potential customers;
- to manage complaints;
- to send invoices;
- to enable you to pick up goods or to enable the logistics department to send you the good you purchased;
- to manage our administration and comply with our tax obligations.
Joint responsibility (NTS Computers and NTS Holding):
- complying with legal obligations, judicial judgements and/or taking measures which are required with reference to legal procedures.
We will ask you for your permission before NTS will use your personal data for marketing purposes, such as commercial offers (digital newsletter). You will only receive newsletters if you subscribed to our newsletter. Your subscription will be stored and registered by us in order to prove your permission to send you newsletters. If you don’t want to receive marketing information any more, you can unsubscribe the newsletter by means of the accompanying link.
Providers of advertising networks and media companies act as intermediaries between web shops and advertisers. The marketing cookies they use enable them to show advertisements of third parties on NTS’s website. They are able to combine your saved shopping basket on this website with information they collect when you are visiting other websites. This information is not collected nor combined or used by NTS, but by the media companies and/or advertising networks which NTS offers advertising space on its website (this is comparable with advertising space in newspapers). NTS is not responsible or liable for these companies’ data processing. NTS kindly refers you to the privacy and cookie statements of these advertising networks and companies. Since cookies and privacy statements can be changed from time to time, we recommend you read the cookie and privacy statements regularly.
- What data is collected by us?
As part of the account creation process, only personal data are collected that is required in order to provide services to you. This data comprises:
- Name and address of the person creating an account
- Contact persons/representative agencies (if applicable)
- E-mail addresses and phone numbers
For biddings, website management and content management:
- Technical and pseudonymised data
- Your feedback on the use of our platform and all other information you send us via this platform to enable us improving the functionalities of our website and platform
- For reporting purposes, anonymous data which cannot be traced back to individual persons
- Bought articles
- Bank details
- Payment methods and date of payment
- If legally required: date of birth
- Legal basis for processing data
The legal basis for our data processing activities is bipartite:
the execution of the agreement we concluded with you by your account registration for every purchase agreement we concluded with you;
our legitimate interest as a professional wholesale business to communicate with our customers and to manage our platform in order to enable you to use our web shop.
Only in case of sending marketing e-mails and newsletters, the legal basis is different. We will send you newsletters only if you have given your consent by subscribing to our newsletters on our website. You can unsubscribe at any moment, as mentioned in §3 of this privacy and cookie statement.
- Further details
NTS will not collect or store special categories of personal data, such as data revealing political opinions, religious beliefs or data concerning health, as defined in article 9 AVG.
Delicate data, such as creditworthiness, are only required in case of credit applications, and are used to make sure bidders are able to buy the desired products and to prevent payment and delivery problems.
Only in case of its employees, NTS processes data concerning health and other information necessary to execute the employment contract and all other complementary compensations and services such as pensions and insurance.
- Protection of personal data
NTS ensures the effective protection of data by using encrypted communication and secure links in line with the state of the art where necessary. BVA has also taken measures to ensure the security of both physical and virtual access to data on its premises and its computer systems.
Besides that, we will implement the administrative, technical and organisational measures needed to ensure a security level suited to the specific risks we have identified.
- Storage of stored data
Your personal data will only be stored as long as required and will subsequently be deleted when it is no longer needed, considering the legal data storage obligation. NTS has a process for safekeeping the documentation mentioned.
NTS collaborates with third parties to offer you services and will only pass personal information to third parties which fall under the following categories:
Associated enterprises: connected enterprises which belong to NTS Holding and its subsidiary company, if these companies offer comparable data protection and transfers of data are allowed.
Service providers: we commission other companies and persons to work on behalf of NTS, for example companies which offer delivery or payment services (credit card and buy on account). If NTS makes use of these companies’ services, it concludes agreements with these parties, out of which for them no independent obligation regarding data processing arises. These service providers have access to personal data required to carry out their tasks. However, they are not allowed to use these data for other purposes.
In all other cases, you will be informed if your data have to be transferred to third parties, and you will be offered the possibility to agree with this separately.
For employees: to carry out the employment contract, NTS has concluded agreements with external parties, such as:
- Pension companies
- Other service providers, such as (in some cases) leased cars.
Before every publication, we will make sure the necessary contractual guarantees to protect your personal data are set up.
In all cases in which personal data within the range mentioned will be passed to third parties outside of the EEC (European Economic Community), we will guarantee the data will be transferred according to this privacy statement according to appropriate data protection legislation.
In principle and if possible, all data will be processed within the EU and will not be transferred with parties outside of the EU. Data can only be exchanged with non-EU countries if the receiving party can guarantee the same level of data protection, either based on applying legislation in this country, or based on separate agreements as prescribed by the EU as part of the EU Binding Agreement format.
- Rights concerning your data
You have the following legal rights (only on the condition that you ask for these in writing and provide us with a copy of your ID card to confirm your identity):
Right to information and access to your personal data
At any moment, you can ask for information concerning our data processing activities and personal data we keep for you.
Right to rectification of inaccurate or incomplete personal data
You are entitled to acquire the rectification or completion of inaccurate or incomplete personal data immediately.
Right to data portability
In some cases, you are entitled to receiving all our personal data in a structured, commonly used, mechanically readable format and sending these data to another controller. This right applies if the processing of data is based on consent or on the necessity of carrying out a contract and in case processing data is carried out with automatised means.
The right to restrict the processing of personal data
You can ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data if:
- you dispute the accuracy of your personal data, during a period which enables us to verify this accuracy;
- we no longer need the data for data processing, but if you need them in order to start, pursue or defend legal claims;
- the data processing appears to be illegal and if you have asked us for restriction of the use of your data.
Currently, we are verifying whether our legitimate interests exceed yours as part of a complaint concerning processing your data.
Right to deletion of your personal data (the right to be forgotten)
You can ask us to delete your personal data (partially) in the following situations:
- if processing is no longer necessary for registering purposes, for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
- if processing is no longer necessary to carry out our agreement with you or if it no longer is legally required;
- if processing was based on consent and you have decided to withdraw your consent;
- if your date has been processed illegally;
- if you have good reasons to object to processing your personal data;
- if your personal data need to be deleted according to legal obligations.
In exceptional cases, we may refuse to delete your data in order to comply with legal obligations or to start, pursue or defend legal claims or for any legitimate interest.
The right to object to processing your personal data without costs
You may object to processing your data if it is based on our “legitimate interest”. In that case, we will no longer process your data, unless we have legitimate reasons to do so or if we have to do so due to legal requirements. If (parts of) your personal data is used for direct marketing purposes, you may object at any time to processing your data or withdraw your consent. You also have the right to not be subjected to profiling for direct marketing reasons.
The right to complain
If you have any complaints about our data processing, you can contact us by writing to our DPO, for contact details please read §1. You also have the right to send your complaint to your local data protection authority. Where NTS is the controller responsible, the responsible authority for data protection is the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens.
It is important to note that email and campaigns do not result from cookies. Neither your email address nor your telephone number are stored in cookies and cookies are not used to create traceable personal profiles.
You have the option of accepting or disabling all cookies from any visited websites by changing your internet browser settings. Please note that certain functions on this website will not be available if you disable cookies. If you are not sure how to change your browser settings or delete cookies, please consult the instructions provided by your browser.
The following cookies are used on NTS’s website:
Session cookies are used to manage and secure you current visit to our websites. These cookies will be deleted automatically when you close your browser. You can find a complete overview of the cookies used on this website, their function and their expiry date at the bottom of this page.
By using permanent cookies, websites can remember your information and settings when you visit them in the future. This results in easier and quicker access, for example: you don’t need to log in. These cookies also help selecting articles and storing them in the shopping basket, so you can come back to watch them and decide to purchase them later. You can find a complete overview of the cookies used on this website, their function and their expiry date at the bottom of this page.
- Settings of the web browser
If you do not want websites to store cookies on your computer, you can change your web browser settings so that a warning appears before cookies are stored. You can also change the settings so that the web browser blocks all cookies or only those from third-party providers. In your web browser settings, you can also delete cookies, which have already been stored. Please note that these settings must be defined separately on every web browser and computer you use. Please also note that NTS cannot guarantee that its website will function as intended if cookies are blocked. You may find that some website functions are lost or that you can no longer access the website. The steps to change the settings are different for each web browser. Access the help function of your web browser, if necessary, or click on one of the links below to go directly to the instructions for your particular web browser.
You can block cookies from certain providers on the following website: http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/.
The NTS website may contain hyperlinks to other websites and to websites of business partners which are not part of NTS. NTS does not accept any responsibility for the data protection practices and content of these websites.
- Contact information
NTS reserves the right to make changes to this cookie statement. Please check this statement each time you visit the website in order to stay up to date.
Should you have any questions, remarks, additions or complaints regarding this privacy statement, please contact us:
NTS Computer Technology BV
3034 KH Rotterdam
Telephone: +31 10 404 62 62
Please call/fax during working hours, or use the contact form on our website: www.nts.nl